Friday, June 5, 2009

Here we go

Hola amigos,

We have an interesting summer on the horizon, and rather than bombard anyone with long emails they pretend to read when, I thought I'd go with a blog. No more untimely reminders in your inbox that I'm on a beach in Spain, or that I'm stranded somewhere and could really use your help.

Here's the basic schedule for the summer:
  • pack the surprisingly large amount of stuff from our apartment into a moving van
  • visit some national parks (Yosemite, Yellowstone, Badlands, etc.) on our move back to the Midwest
  • spend a frantic four days moving our stuff into storage and finding a place to live. We may actually buy a house, which is only slightly terrifying
  • head to Spain for July (this is the part where I'll actually write and provide updates)
  • relax in Wisconsin and Vermont for most of August
  • start school (me) and work (Sara) in Ann Arbor
Everyone working a real job is pondering whether they too can take a summer off to travel (you know you want to). Take it from someone who's been preparing for this for a long time - it takes imprudent financial decisions, a complete lack of saving for retirement, and a willingness to spend long hours eating tapas and drinking wine.

If you're so inclined, bookmark this site and see what shenanigans ensue. If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, bookmark it anyway. No one is going to read this who doesn't already know me, and I need readership.

Adios...

No comments:

Post a Comment